Un museo e un parco tematico
dedicati all’avvicinamento all’arte e al patrimonio artistico
Artexplora's leading ideas and goals
The heart of the project is the creation of a center of regional and European relevance, in order to educate people to admire and to enhance art, from the works kept in museums and historic artistic sites, up to contemporary art. The center focuses on the strong relationship between the following objectives:
• Research, planning and experimenting of new paths aiming at attracting, entertaining and educating people on issues related to art. Such paths shall encompass active participation and are targeted at different age groups, using a variety of languages, games and operational structure
• Training of professionals able to suggest an operational, animated, narrative relationship with the works or art; this training area also targets the expansion of vocational training of teachers, museum operators, professionals and animators working in the social service sector, university students, university research and experiment departments
• The valorization of museums, art galleries, historical, artistic and architectural sites as well as public and private art collections
• The valorization of contemporary artists and works of art
• The planning and production of active exhibitions, educational paths and tools, games, books, catalogues, virtual productions, video productions, theatre, events
• Strong focus on the territory aiming at enhancing the historical, architectural heritage, with special focus also on temporary exhibitions and important events; the promotion of contemporary artists
• the development of school tourism from other regions and European countries, with proposals of activities and paths also in English and French
The different areas impact and influence one another, so that researches, experiences and productions in one area are transferred to another area and benefit from an ongoing exchange of experience.
A peculiar aspect of this thematic park, making it somehow unique in Italy and Europe, is given by its ludic structures and by the great works-games which have been installed in the park and which have been conceived and developed in order to enable visitors to discover masterpieces, themes, poems, aesthetic, historical and critical contents, art movements in an unusually enjoyable way.
Artexplora-S. Lucia, si propone con rilevanza regionale per il suo radicamento nel territorio di Cesena e della Romagna, primi referenti di ricerche e proposte di attività, per la collaborazione con enti, città, istituzioni di questa regione.
Artexplora is a centre of European relevance for the documentation and information materials, for the dialogue and cooperation with professionals and innovative and advanced educational situations of European countries, for the cooperation with public bodies, with the University, with artists and private bodies.
Le strutture di S.Lucia e il loro utilizzo
The church, of neoclassical architecture, with spaces of large formal balance and a floor area of about 150 sq. m. is the place for art exhibitions and paths through the art works. It is also a meeting place, an area dedicated to entertainment, conferences, training, conventions, small concerts and shows; it is equipped with best-of-breed IT and network audio video digital technologies, as well as with a professional installation for video editing, digital animation and image processing.
The old sacristy currently holds a specialized library, with over 1000 art books, including a special section with editorial publications for children and teens and a selection of books in English, French, German, Spanish and Dutch. A specialized video library will soon be set up next to the library, offering a collection of the most interesting video art works, documentaries and fictions on artists and art movements. It will also host all the video productions (documentaries, fictions, documentation of courses, meetings and events, animated and research films) made directly by Artexplora-S. Lucia. The bar is located right in the library, for a pleasant entertainment during events and exhibitions.
Below the choir, next to the library, is the book shop, offering editorial publications, creations, works of art and gadgets mostly made by Artexplora or by the Clac group. The old rectory, located next to the church entrance is currently used as an office and reception. The rectory’s ground floor area also includes toilets, one of which for disabled people, and a filing space.
Two rooms at ground floor are used as laboratories and as toy and leisure library. Besides hosting the games invented by the group, the toy and leisure library will also host some among the most interesting games from the bookshops of museums and art galleries of other countries. The park, extending over an area of about two hectares, will be equipped with facilities, works of art, large installations with works of art-theme games.
The surrounding land will be kept in full respect of nature and will be planted with trees, flowers, different kinds of plants and shall be progressively structured in a way as to create a dialogue between nature, installations and works of art.
The latest technologies enable at all time to share all the information, archive, library, project and network resources, anywhere on the premises.
A new mission
S. Lucia di Cesena, a renowned site of artistic, historical, architectural and landscape value, with its adjacent tool shelter and stables, has now become a thematic park aiming at attracting people to art and to our artistic heritage: an innovative approach in virtue of its methods, the originality of the educational paths and ludic instruments, being a unique example at national and European level.